Monday, November 29, 2010

24 Hour Holiday Blitz

This Thanksgiving weekend was the best ever!  It was the first time in over 20 years that I had been together with all three of my sisters for Thanksgiving.  We had dinner at mom and dad's house as soon as Lorinda and Ezra arrived from Utah.  Last week we got pounded with snow and wind and so it was not the best traveling weather.  We normally have a nice sit down meal, but due to there being 28 of us, there weren't enough chairs for everyone to sit down and eat so we had it buffet style and on paper plates--less dishes to wash!  After dinner, we all sat down and scoured the ads for Black Friday.  At about 10:30 p.m. Thursday, we started our shopping spree....I can't believe it, but we shopped for over 12 hours!  If I had been by myself, there is no way I would have stayed up all night and stood in lines for an hour.  But, it was fun being together with Serena, Lorinda and Danielle.  Plus, I got all my Christmas shopping done in ONE NIGHT.  How awesome is that?!  I got home around 11:30 a.m., did a few things, and went to sleep until 4:00 p.m.  I stayed locked in my bedroom and got most all the gifts wrapped.  Now, I don't have to worry about getting anything other than stocking stuffers.  On Saturday, we got together and had our own Sister's Super Saturday.  We made Christmas Countdown blocks.  THANKS SERENA, LORINDA AND DANIELLE!!  Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment