Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh how time flies!

On Thursday, January 20, Kelly and I will be celebrating 16 years together! WOW!! I was talking to a co-worker this week who is celebrating their 5 year anniversary. I had to think hard to remember what life was like at our fifth year. We were living at our first home in Labelle. Tyler would have been 4 and Alexia would have been 2. I loved that house, even though it was a small 3 bedroom manufactured home. I was working for a law firm in Idaho Falls and Kelly was working for Marshall's Tile. A lot has changed since then! We are now living in our third home and have moved three more times. We also have our third and last child, Lacey, who is now 10. We no longer have the same jobs, the same cars, or the same challenges in life.
At church on Sunday I was watching a young mother with her toddler as she tried to keep her entertained, keep her out of other people's bags, keep her from unplugging the microphone. My daughter was sitting next to me singing the opening hymn; she is almost all grown up. AND OH HOW I MISS IT!
Life has a way of making us always wanting what comes next--we can't wait until they sleep through the night, are out of diapers, can walk on their own, can feed themselves, can go to school, can do their homework on their own, can drive themselves to their activities, are out of the house.  Somedays, I WISH I could go back and live it all over again so I could cherish the moments a little longer before they are gone.
I hope and pray that I can take the time to enjoy the little moments in life while I still have my kids at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment