Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Vacation--Part 1--Camping at Birch Creek

Alexia showing Tyler how it's done at Meadow Lake.

Lacey jumping the creek with her fish in hand.
We spent the first three days of our vacation camping out at Birch Creek with Great Grandpa Carpenter. We spent our days fishing the creeks, exploring old abandoned mines, playing in the creek and playing blongo. It was a lot of fun and a time I'm sure the kids will always remember (especially since it was spent with Great Grandpa Carpenter!) The drive on the four wheelers up to the abandoned mine was a little scary at times, but Tyler and Alexia did awesome navigating the trails. NO INJURIES!
We also had the chance to fish at Meadow Lake. I couldn't believe how many people were camping WAY UP THERE; but I can see why they were; it was beautiful. Still had snow in July. We packed up Monday morning, drove home, unloaded and re-loaded for Part 2 of our Vacation; to Boise.

No comments:

Post a Comment