 |
| Lacey--our last Trick or Treater |
 |
| The clean, bare fridge |
What did you do for Halloween 2010? For me, it started by doing something truly frightening!! Cleaning out the fridge....I should just ban leftovers! Really, what's the sense. Nobody eats them and they just sit in there and take up room and go moldy until somebody (me) cleans it out. Kelly and Tyler have been gone for four days on a Steelhead Fishing trip to Salmon with Uncle Shawn and Grandpa Madsen. I hope they had a good time and didn't freeze too badly. I was planning on taking the girls down to Utah to spend Halloween at Lorinda's house again. We did that last year since Emmie and Ella were being blessed. Everyone had so much fun spending time with all their cousins and it was a safe place to just turn the kids loose trick or treating. However, Lacey came down with the stomach flu Tuesday, night and Lorinda has a sinus infection and a double ear infection. Therefore, no trip to Utah. I am not sure why, but I didn't feel like making the trip anyway. Maybe something would have happened to us. Who knows? I am just trying to follow what I feel is right.
This afternoon, Alexia got to go with the cheerleaders from Rocky Mountain Middle School and read to kids at Barnes & Noble for an hour. Lacey and I wandered around the mall. I am very proud of Alexia. She is very good at standing up for the right! Several of the girls (keep in mind they are only 12-14 years old) decided they wanted frapacino's from the coffee shop in Barnes and Noble. One of the girls even offered to buy Alexia one. She stood up to them all and told them she won't drink coffee. I couldn't believe 12-14 year olds are already drinking it!
It was supposed to be raining and pretty cold, but it turned out to be a calm, beautiful night for our Community Trunk or Treat. The kids walk around the parking lot in a circle filling their bags, buckets, pillowcases, whatever..and then we all have hot chocolate to warm us up.
 |
| This is the closest picture I could get of Alexia. She is visiting with one of our very favorite neighbors, Marie Jordan |
It's a fun time to visit with neighbors, friends and family! Next, we're off to Grandparents houses for more goodies and to see what the nieces and nephews have dressed up as and to see what loot they have brought in. The kids all run around the house, obviously on a sugar high! They stripped off their costumes and played. My sister, Danielle, declared that Peyton is going as a naked cowboy next year because he complains about the layers of clothing and how hot and uncomfortable they are. I can't wait to see that Danielle!
No comments:
Post a Comment