I learned so much at church today. I cried pretty much the whole 3 hours. Lately, I have been feeling pretty much like I am just going through the motions of life without really living it. In a sense you could say I was feeling "past feeling". I have felt physically and spiritually week. Today, despite of the usual crying and fighting before church, it was a good day. I was touched by the testimonies that were born by John and Dena Price. Their family has been through so much this past year, but they are so strong and faithful! In Sunday school we learned about Jesus Christ through Isaiah. In Isaiah 40 we learned that Heavenly Father "giveth power to the faint; and increaseth their strength. He will renew my strength; mount up wings as eagles; and help me to run and not be weary; walk and not faint". I have always loved the hymn "How Firm a Foundation" but I guess I haven't contemplated it for a while. There are answers in that hymn for me...
"Fear not, I am with thee, be not dismayed, for I am thy God and will still give the aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand".
I have known these things, and been promised these blessings for a long time, I had just forgotten them. Lastly, in Relief Society we learned about having faith. Faith involves doing all we can to bring about the things we hope and pray for. President Kimball said "that many of us want to have health and strength without keeping the health laws. We want to have prosperity without paying our tithes. We want to be close to the Lord, but don't want to fast and pray. We want to have rain and to have peace in the land without observing the Sabbath as a holy day and without keeping the other commandments of the Lord." Everything just meshed together so beautifully. It is through small and simple things that great things come about. I need to recommit myself to doing the small things that Heavenly Father has asked us to do.
Paisley Pearl's Birth Story 4/20/2013
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment